REGISTRATION AND CREDENTIALS
All teams must register with the Event prior to the start of the competition. Final MANDATORY REGISTRATION details will be communicated with accepted teams. Failure to register will result in automatic disqualification from the Event without a refund of the fee.
Matt Jones – MJONES@NEFC.US - 518-369-8087
MYSA Lancaster, MA
The Event is Unrestricted and is Sanctioned by US Club Soccer (USCS). The event is open to all US Club Soccer, USYSA, USSF, and International teams.
At the Mandatory Registration, teams must provide the required credentials.
● Two copies of the league or state-approved roster, with all players (including guests) who will be participating for the team at the Event represented.
● Proof of date of birth for every player indicated on the roster. Acceptable forms of documentation include:
○ Approved and current player pass card
● Completed and signed NEFC medical release forms for every player indicated on the roster. No club forms, or other medical release forms, will be accepted. These forms will be kept by the Event.
● Guest player documentation (see Guest Players rule)
● Permission to Travel forms provided by the state association. USYS teams traveling from Region I States do NOT need to provide permission to travel documentation, with the exception of USYS teams playing out of New Jersey. USCS teams do NOT need to provide permission to travel documentation. Teams affiliated with other USSF (AYSO, Super Y, etc.) organizations MUST provide insurance and permission to travel documentation.
For a team coming from a CONCACAF nation:
A note on credentials: Team representatives must have the mandatory credentials at the mandatory registration, but also easily accessible at the fields of each Event match.
Due to COVID-19 Tracing this is no longer permissible.
A player who has been properly registered for the Event may play for any team at the Event that is affiliated with the same club as the player, provided they have an eligible birth date to participate in that team’s age group. Club pass players do not need to be otherwise noted in the team’s Event roster. Players may play for more than one team during the Event.
Guest Players shall be defined as players who are not regular, official members of the club whose team will be utilizing them in the Event. All guest players must be members of an affiliated USSF organization. Proof of membership should be included with the credentials provided during the Mandatory Registration. Up to and no more than five (5) guest players may be utilized by any team during the Event. Guest players may be handwritten into the approved Event roster. Accepted documentation includes:
● USYS/USCS, or other USSF approved player pass cards
● A copy of a USYS/USCA, or other USSF approved roster of the team where the player is registered, with the player indicated
● USYS/USCS or other USSF affiliate Guest Player/Loan Player forms/documentation
Per the Event Rules, teams must also have the other required credentials for every Guest Player
Due to COVID-19 Tracing this is no longer permissible. A player may be rostered to two different teams within the Event.
Teams may register a maximum of twentytwo (22) players for 11v11, (At this event, all 22 players will be eligible to play in a given match); This number of players INCLUDES Guest Players.
RULES OF PLAY
FIFA Laws of the Game will apply as modified by USYS and NEFC as described herein.
Referees will be certified by USSF.
CHECKIN, FIELD AND GAME EQUIPMENT
All teams must check in with the appropriate Field Marshal15 minutes prior to their kickoff time.
Where uniform colors are similar, the designated home team will change colors. Home team is listed first on the schedule. The away team will begin each match with the ball, the home team will choose sides. For all age groups, players and coaches will take one side of the pitch, and supporters will take the other side of the pitch. No one will be allowed behind either end line. Covered Casts are permitted with the permission of the referee. All players are required to wear shin guards. Casts and knee braces will be reviewed on a case by case basis and permitted at the discretion of the referee with final decision of the Event Director.
Policy changed Due to COVID-19 All teams must supply quality match balls for their game.
The Event will supply game balls at each field. Each team should also be prepared to supply 1 FIFA approved game ball each in the event game balls are not available.
All games will be 2 - 30 minute halves with a 5 minute half time.
For all ages, a player may be substituted on at a stoppage of play with the permission of the referee.
All Coaches have total responsibility for the conduct of their players, substitutes, friends and spectators at all times. Coaching from the sidelines (giving direction to one's own team on points of strategy and position) is permitted, provided:
● No mechanical devices are used; ● The tone of the voice is instructive and not derogatory; ● Each coach or substitute remains no less than 10 yards on their side of the halfway line; ● No coach, substitute, or spectator makes derogatory remarks or gestures to the referees, other coaches, players, substitutes, or spectators; ● No coach, substitute, or spectator uses profanity or incites, in any manner, disruptive behavior.
CAUTIONS AND EJECTIONS
A player receiving two cautions (yellow cards) in a single game is considered to have been given an ejection (red card). A player who has been ejected (sent off), will not be replaced. A player who has been ejected will not return for that game and will not be allowed to participate in the next scheduled game.
A player who is ejected for violent conduct or serious foul play may be expelled from the Event, at the discretion of the Event Director. Any player or coach who assaults a referee will be expelled from the Event. A coach who has been ejected (sent off) will not be allowed to participate in the next scheduled game, and may be expelled from the Event at the discretion of the Event Director. During game suspension(s) for coaches, there can be NO contact between the team and the coach during the game and the coach must be out of site and sound of the field. Additionally, the coach must not be involved in unacceptable conduct (defined as coaching his/her players by any means or method, or harassment of opponents/players/referees/staff). Failure to adhere to this rule will result in an immediate ejection from the Event for the coach. The Event director will notify the appropriate federation regarding disciplinary actions taken.
SUSPENDED AND TERMINATED GAMES
If in the opinion of the referee a game must be suspended (for reason), the game may be resumed, but is subject to being ended not less than five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled start of the next game. If in the opinion of the referee, a game must be terminated for misconduct of players, bench coaches, or spectators; the offending team could be suspended from further play and will forfeit that game and all remaining games. All previous points earned remain as played. If game needs to be suspended or terminated due to weather please refer to inclement weather section of rules.
The offside law will be applied by referees in all games.
In case of inclement weather or other force majeure, the Event Director will have the authority to change games as follows:
1. Relocate or reschedule any game(s). 2. Change the duration of any game(s). 3. Cancel any preliminary game(s). 4. Scoring of preliminary games terminated by Game or Event officials will be ultimately decided upon by the Event director depending the time of termination. 5. Determine format for advancement.
EVENT SITE RULES
The following are rules that must also be adhered to. Many of the fields at this event is synthetic and carry with it certain given restrictions. Teams not adhering to these rules, or those of Mass Youth Soccer that have been communicated to teams may be expelled from the Event at the discretion of the Event Director.
Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at game sites. Smoking is prohibited at all sites and is enforced. Dogs or similar pets are not allowed. The placing or erection of any structure or object which will cause the penetration of the synthetic surface is prohibited.
The use of chewing gum is prohibited. The consumption of sunflower seeds or shelled nuts is prohibited. The use or possession of glass containers of any kind is prohibited. The use of roller blades, skateboards or bicycles is prohibited. The use of BBQ grills or any other open flame is prohibited. Metal cleats or spikes are prohibited. The marking of lines onto the synthetic surface with paint, tape or any other substance are prohibited.
Under no circumstances whatsoever will the Event, NEFC (or any members of this organization), US Soccer (or any of its affiliates), or any of our Event Facilities be responsible for any expenses (including the Event entry fee and hotel fees) incurred by any team participating in the Event. This includes any circumstance where the Event must cancel any Event match, any part of a Event match, or the Event in its entirety.
Event entry fee is non refundable.
Any decisions regarding refunds will be made by the Event Director.
Any team accepted into the Event that withdraws will forfeit the entry fee in its entirety. The Event Director's interpretation of the rules shall be final. The Event Director reserves the right to decide on all matters pertaining to this Event.
Teams participating in the Event must (as a condition of acceptance) make all hotel accommodations using our Event housing service. Teams not using our Event housing service will be disqualified, and will not receive a refund.